The IDF Chief of the General Staff, Lieutenant General Benny Gantz, left for Brussels today (Tuesday) for a two-day work visit where he will participate in a conference attended by Chiefs of Staff of NATO member countries, and will conduct work meetings with his counterparts from around the world.
During his meetings, Lt. Gen. Gantz will discuss the security challenges facing the IDF and the State of Israel, including the challenges of regional threats and the importance of cooperation between Israel and NATO member countries and militaries in the fight against global terror. Lt. Gen. Gantz will also deliver a speech at a meeting of the NATO Mediterranean Dialogue with the Chiefs of Staff of NATO member countries.
Escorting the Chief of the General Staff are the IDF Head of the International Military Cooperation Department in the Planning Directorate, Colonel Hani Caspi, Israeli Defense Attaché to NATO, Colonel Uri Halperin and Aide-de-Camp, Chief of the General Staff, Lieutenant Colonel Yaki Dolf.
During his absence, Lt. Gen. Gantz will be replaced by his deputy, Major General Yair Naveh.
Work Meetings Scheduled
- Chairman of the NATO Military Committee, General Knud Bartels
- USEUCOM Commander, Admiral James G. Stavridis
- Chief of the Defense Staff of the British Armed Forces, General Sir David Richards
- Chief of the RF Armed Forces General Staff, General Nikolai Makarov
- Chief of Staff of the German Armed Forces, General Volker Wieker
- French Chief of General Staff, Admiral Edouard Guillaud
- Chief of Defense Staff of Spain, Admiral Fernando García Sánchez
- Chief of Defense Staff of Italy, General Biago Abrate
- Chief of the Australian Defense Force, Air Chief Marshal David Hurley
- Chief of the Defense Staff of Canadian Forces, General Walt Natynczyk
- Chief of the Hellenic National Defense General Staff, General Michalis Kostarakos
- Chief of the General Staff of the Polish Armed Forces, General Mieczyslaw Spachowiak