Krav Maga (Close-Range Combat, lit.”Touch-Fight”) is a martial arts style specially developed by the IDF to suit the army’s specific security needs. Each and every Israeli soldier, regardless of his job, must undergo training to learn the basic steps of self-defense -IDF style.
Following the prisoner negotiation for Sergeant First Class Gilad Shalit’s release with Hamas, the terrorist organization ruling Gaza, has threatened additional soldier kidnapping. In light of this, we are issuing this step-by-step guide for the common man, to protect oneself from the threat of kidnapping.
An unfamiliar car stops in front of the sidewalk you’re walking on. Suddenly, from the rear door a man emerges who tries to force you into the vehicle.
1) Instead of instinctively resisting the attacker's pull, attack his eyes directly by shoving your fingers into the sockets to temporarily blind him.
2) While the attacker is unable to see, kick him as hard as possible in the groin.
3) Run away!
After neutralizing the first attacker, a second comes out from the rear door and pins your arms from behind.
A second attacker comes out from the rear door and pins your arms from behind
1) Kick him in the groin with your heel
2) Hit him on the back of the head
3) After his grip is shaken, finish him by kicking his face as hard as you can
Two attackers jump you; one pins your arms from behind and the other attacks you from the front.
1) Kick the attacker in front of you as hard as possible and then pull down your body's center of gravity by bending forward
2) Elbow the attacker behind you in the face
3) Deliver another blow to your attacker's vulnerable area
This entry was posted in Facts & Figures
. Bookmark the permalink