January 15th, 2009
Summary of Overnight Events
At least ten rockets and mortars fired from Gaza hit Israel this morning.
More than 195,000 liters of fuel and 170 humanitarian aid trucks are expected to be transferred to Gaza today. The trucks’ contents include medical equipment and medicines, food and other supplies.
IDF forces operating in Gaza hit approximately 35 armed gunmen during the night, mostly in aerial attacks directed by ground forces.
The IAF attacked approximately 70 terrorist sites, including:
- A mosque in Rafah used to stockpile rockets that served as an assembly area for senior operatives involved in launching rockets.
- 14 cells of armed gunmen.
- 14 sites used to launch rockets and mortars at Israeli communities and cities.
- Five weapon storage facilities located in houses of Hamas operatives.
- One tunnel located under the house of a Hamas operative.
The Israel Navy accompanied the ground forces and provided assisted in attacking Hamas outposts.
11 IDF soldiers were lightly wounded during tonight’s operations.